- The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller - I picked this one up on the recommendation of one of my favorite bloggers, Tim Challies, and it was well worth the read. This is the only book I've ever read that practically describes how the relationship of Christ to the Church is the be reflected in Christian marriage. Definitely one of the best marriage books I've ever read! A great read even if you're single (there is a whole chapter devoted to singles).
- True Devotion by Dee Henderson - I was already familiar with the author, and it was free at the time so I figured I'd give it a shot. While this book is pretty predictable, it's a quick and easy read (I think I finished it in 2 days) that's clean. That's hard to find in a romance novel!
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I don't usually reach for whatever's hot in the book world at the moment, but I'd heard from several good friends that The Help was a great book. After reading it myself, I completely agree. I loved the characters, the plot...everything about this book was so very well done.
- The Vow by Kim and Krickett Carpenter - I had no interest in seeing this movie, but was very curious about the couple whom the story is based off of. This book is a great, quick, and honest read detailing the struggles that the Carpenter's faced after Krickett's memory loss. I loved reading this young couple's story and seeing them stay together!
What's up next:
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan
- Rid of My Disgrace by Lindsey and Justin Holcomb
- The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment by Jeremiah Burroughs
- Thrifting 101 by Elissa Stern - This isn't available for Kindle nor do I have it ordered, but it's definitely on the list!
What have you been reading lately?