So what does that mean practically? First of all, this is an excellent article on the subject. Personally, as a style blogger, these are the standards I try and hold to:
- Always dress modestly. If I wouldn't wear it in public, don't post it.
- Don't complain.
- Never shy away from talking about my beliefs when the occasion calls for it.
- Be encouraging to other bloggers rather than tearing them down.
- Think before I post. (How is this post glorifying to God?)
- Keep personal problems personal. They have no place on my blog.
- Ask myself, "Is there a point to this post?" Don't post just for the sake of putting a post up.
- Make sure the rest of my life is taken care of before blogging (dishes, walk the dog, cleaning, etc.).
- In the same spirit, only check my site stats once a day.
I admit, I have fallen short on a few of these in the past. I've spent time complaining about how rotten I'm feeling that day, and I've posted stupid things without a second thought. Hence the addition of things like Recipe Monday and Weekly Blessings into my blogging schedule. I'm trying to find a balance between "frivolous" outfit posts and "real" posts. When I do post outfits, I try not to spend the entire post talking about my clothes or what I got the last time I went shopping.
What do you think? What are some standards you try and hold to when blogging?